Welcome to Week One of our “Show Us Your Happy Place” promotion!
To start out, the winner of Friday’s giveaway is Denise Bryant! Denise, I will email you for you mailing address, thank you for providing your email addy! 🙂 She said:
Now for a great product review!
This is Cicily, the Pink Dalmatian Scrapper and I’m super excited to be kicking off this October with a review of the Silhouette Chalkboard vinyl! I’ve been wanting to get my hand on some, so this was perfect.
It works just like regular vinyl in your cutting machine. I chose to make labels for some of my storage boxes.
I measured my boxes (the Walmart plastic shoe-boxes for $1) and adjusted the size of the label to fit. I set the depth on my cutting blade to cut just the vinyl, not the backing. After the labels were cut, I removed all the excess vinyl around my labels so I could see what I was working with. I could never find anywhere that says you need to condition chalkboard vinyl, but I know for chalkboard paint you need to condition it. To condition you just take the side of your chalk and run it over the vinyl. Then wipe off. What I read was that your images can become permanent if you don’t condition the chaklboard. Again not sure if this is needed with vinyl, but I also got the “used” chalkboard look once I wiped them off. Next I took a chalkboard pen and inked a border around the labels to give them a little pizzazz.
A great tip I’ve come across was to sharpen your chalk! Just use a pencil sharpener and you have an easier tip to write with. Warning…can cause nails on a chalkboard chills!
I love how the chalkboard vinyl labels turned out. The chalkboard vinyl was extremely easy to use and can have so many uses. Now check out what CSI has in store this month!
Now, since you’ve read the review by the fabulous Cicily, you can link up YOUR happy place at the bottom of the post from now until Thursday afternoon (October 9, 2014). The winner for this week will receive a 12″ roll of CHALKBOARD vinyl from Silhouette America like the one that is being reviewed here today!
- Winner must live in the USA or Canada, we are so sorry but international shipping is just too pricey. 🙁 Hawaii and Alaska residents are welcome to enter.
- You may enter your room (on Mondays) one time per week and you may also enter the random giveaway (on Wednesdays) one time per week.
**Please note that comment moderation is enabled, so on the comment to win drawings you will not see it come up right away. If you are not sure your comment went through or not, please mention that in your second comment and we will publish accordingly.
- On room links, you must link to a specific post about your creative space and not the entire blog.
- Not required but we would LOVE it if you’d share our graphic above on your blog or Pinterest boards!
- PLEASE make sure that either your comment or blog has an attached email address so we can contact you if you win. Comments without email addys will not be awarded prizes.
**We will not use your email for any other reason than to contact you if you win. If you are not sure whether or not your WordPress profile has an attached email address, please add it to your comment.
- The winners of both weekly contests will be announced on Friday, October 10, 2014!
Another thing we want to mention is that your room doesn’t have to be a “traditional” craft room. We would love to see photography studios, art spaces, sewing rooms, and more! The thing we are MOST interested in seeing is creative & useful storage solutions in the rooms of real crafters and artists. The rooms do not have to be fancy or magazine worthy to catch our eye or win the contest. Please share your happy place, we would LOVE to see it!